Thursday, November 29, 2007

Hall of Fame

Over the Thanksgiving holiday I got out for the first round of golf since my heart attack. We have a Thanksgiving holiday ritual where, along with my brother-in-law and two nephews we play a round of golf in Birmingham the day after the big feast. I can happily report that my heart attack did not affect my game at all, I still stink. I refer to my game as golful.

Eric Compton is a professional golfer who has had more than his share of heart issues and he is only 27 years old. He had a heart transplant at age 12. His most recent incident occurred while he was filling out insurance forms in the emergency room at Miami’s Jackson Memorial Hospital. After reading Eric’s story by Randall Mell in the Sun-Sentinel.com website I decided he should become the second honoree in the heart attack guy Hall of Fame.

Hang in there Eric!


No comments: