Monday, November 26, 2007

Absence Explained...Sort Of.

You may have noticed that I haven’t posted anything here since last Wednesday. Then again maybe you haven’t. According to Google Analytics, only about 18 people have dropped by here since then. So, if you happen to be one of those eighteen who did stop by and wondered “What’s up with the heart attack guy?” please accept my apologies. I was out of town visiting with family for Thanksgiving

Well, I was out of town until Saturday anyway. It just takes a little while to get back in the groove of things once I get home.

My original plan had been to post a fun little video I found on You Tube on Thanksgiving Day. It was a video of a bluesy group called Jack Mack and the Heart Attack performing in Santa Monica. Somehow I muffed up the upload and now I can’t get it back at all. I readily admit to not being the most technologically adept guy out there so the error is probably mine. Let me know if the link works for you.

But now, I’m back and I have a bunch stuff I plan to post in the coming days. Among them is story about my buddy Wayne Ivester. He and I used to do quite a bit cycling together and, as fate would have it, I was part of his heart attack story. I also have a story from a guy named Joe Dougherty down in Florida to share. I like Joe’s heart attack story and it gave me a chuckle. So stay tuned.

And speaking of music groups with heart attack themes, it just so happens that my very own cardiologist, David Jackson, also knows how to rock the house. He and some other heart docs periodically perform as Stevie V and the Heart Attackers. I’ll try to get him to give me a sample of their music to share here. It’s the least he could after all; he got blood from me today!

No comments: