Monday, December 3, 2007

Paperwork

The EOB’s just keep coming. I am referring to the Explanation of Benefits statements that I get from Carefirst Blue Choice for the charges related to my heart attack and resultant treatment. Now I realize that I should be grateful for the fact that I have health insurance. I am.

The thing is I thought I’d try to add up what this little cardiac episode of mine actually cost. They don’t make it easy. To me it is as if you went to a hotel and they billed you separately for everything. You’d get one bill for the room, one bill for breakfast, one bill for a spa treatment and so on.

And these EOB statements don’t really tell me anything either. More space in the statements is devoted to legal disclaimers than an actual explanation of the benefit they paid for!

No comments: